The Saint Paul Federation of Teachers is seeking to hire a restorative practice circle keeper/trainer to lead a cohort of educators through a year-long series of professional development experiences that will ideally equip each individual with a depth of experience and practice so they may lead, train, and support restorative practice implementation in their respective school site and community.
Applying individuals should have background and experience in the following restorative practices/processes:
- Circles to build community and to teach
- Circles to repair harm
- Restorative group conferencing
- Family group decision making
- Whole-school restorative practices
- Restorative Practices and special needs
Additionally, applying individuals would ideally have experience/background in coaching, delivery of professional development to adult learners, background in racial equity training and facilitation, and engagement with multiple audiences (adults, students, community, and family engagement).
Circle Keeper/Trainer Position Description:
For one Saturday each month during the 2017-18 school year (to conclude in June 2018), this position will support a cohort of approximately 15 educators in their learning, practice, and personal and professional development in restorative practices. The themes, by month, will center on the following processes and practices:
- Community Building Circles with adults
- Community Building Circles with students
- Content and Academic Circles
- Circles to Repair Harm and Problem Solving Circles
- Conferencing to Repair Harm
- Restorative Chats
The Circle Keeper/Trainer will also support each cohort member modeling and workshopping their emerging practice and provide growth-centered feedback for each educator.
Compensation for the Circle Keeper/Trainer is the SPFT Facilitator hourly rate of $40/hour, with hours of preparation compensated monthly at $25/hour.
All trainings will take place at the East Side Freedom Library and the following dates are reserved:
- Saturday, September 30, 2017
- Saturday, October 28, 2017
- Saturday, December 2, 2017
- Saturday, January 6, 2018
- Saturday, February 3, 2018
- Saturday, March 3, 2018
- Saturday, April 14, 2018
- Saturday, May 19, 2018
- Tuesday, June 26, 2018
- Wednesday, June 27, 2018 (location TBD)
Each day's PD will be seven hours in length and inclusive of lunch.
Please direct questions to Becky McCammon at email@example.com. Applications are due Monday, September 25.