Today, we met with the District for our second round of mediated bargaining.
- The Bargaining Team and the District reached tentative agreements on the following proposals:
- Proposal #9: Expands APTT language to be included in both the EA and SCSP contracts, expands APTT support offered to teachers, and aligns the language with what’s working in APTT schools.
- Proposal #12: Ensures that EL teachers are given adequate teaching space.
- Proposal #13: Ensures that EL teachers and substitutes assigned to EL teacher jobs will not be pulled from providing service to students in order to sub for other classrooms.
- The District presented their proposal to make it easier to place teachers on an improvement plan. Under the proposal, if a teacher is below standard in domain 1 or domain 2, they would be put on a performance improvement plan.
- Currently, a teacher is only placed on a performance improvement plan if their overall rating is below standard.
- The District still has not responded to more than half of our proposals, with 18 of our 31 proposals still needing a response.