Four Part-time Organizing Positions available for SPFE members
This program is for SPFE members who want to develop their organizing skills as well as build the power of our union by engaging new educators.
The summer organizing program is slated to begin June 20th, and will run for nine weeks. Participants will also work one day a month starting in September and running through June of 2024. Previous organizing experience is NOT required. Participants will be paid $30 an hour for summer work. During the school year members will be paid their regular rate of pay.
Member Organizers will hold one-to-one conversations with SPFE members to increase member participation in SPFE programming. Over the summer we will conduct house visits to reach new educators. During the school year we will be hosting trainings and social events for new educators so that they can learn about our union and also develop relationships with their fellow union members.
Some expected job duties include:
- Educating members on SPFE priorities
- Identifying member concerns
- Signing up for full membership
- Conducting house visits and site visits to meet new educators
- Hosting and facilitating a bi-monthly new educator union training as well as a member social
- Must be a SPFE member in good standing.
- SPFE member activist/leader experience (For example, member activist who attends rallies/events, CAT member, bargaining team member, building steward)
- Interest in fighting for racial equality and social justice;
- Familiar with public education and education policy; and
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Access to reliable transportation
- Passion for connecting with new educators within our district
If you have any questions regarding this program, please feel free to reach out to Maggie Kalda at email@example.com.
Please complete the following application by 5p.m. on Wednesday, May 31st if you are interested in participating in the Year-Round Organizing program for SPFE: https://forms.gle/wXbt1MPbiePu3Mnx7