SPFT will be holding screenings on May 5th for candidates running for State Auditor, House District 67B, and Ramsey County Commission District 3. You can find links to their responses to our questionnaires below.
- State Auditor: The current state auditor, Rebecca Otto, is running for governor, so this is an open seat. There are two candidates running for the DFL endorsement for state auditor this year: Julie Blaha and Jon Tollefson. Tollefson declined to return his answers to our questionnaire.
- House District 67B: This is an open seat on the East Side of Saint Paul because of Rep. Sheldon Johnson’s retirement. There are two candidates running for this seat: Jay Xiong and Shoua Yang. Yang did not respond to attempts to contact him. Xiong earned the DFL endorsement earlier this spring.
- Ramsey County Commission District 3: Incumbent Janice Rettman is being challenged by Trista MatasCastillo. Rettman did not respond to attempts to contact her. MatasCastillo earned the DFL endorsement this spring.
The schedule for the screening, which will be held at the SPFT offices (23 Empire Dr) on May 5, 2018, is as follows:
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm: State Auditor
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm: Ramsey County Commission
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm: HD67B (tentative)
This screening is open to the public. SPFT members are especially encouraged to attend!