SPFE believes that the most relevant and effective professional development is led by other educators. Moreover, educator-driven professional development encourages a climate of constant learning and growth in our schools and in our union. Because of this, SPFE is proud to offer professional development that is research-based and entirely created and delivered by educators.
We are seeking current SPFE members to be Professional Development Facilitators for the following courses:
- Managing Student Behavior in School Communities
SPFE Facilitators are Responsible for:
- Completing all necessary facilitator training. This may include national training through the American Federation of Teachers and the course Delivering Effective Professional Development,
- Preparing content and materials in advance,
- Working collaboratively with the PD Coordinator and other facilitators,
- Working with the SPFE office secretary to check class participants membership status and communicating with participants who are not eligible for free courses,
- Communicating any course changes to participants and SPFE office staff,
- Completing course paperwork at the end of a course;
- Participating in Peer Observation, and
- Other duties as outlined in the SPFE Facilitator Handbook.
- Must be a SPFE member in good standing;
- Must be grounded in and able to demonstrate strong equity lens;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work with diverse populations, personalities and viewpoints;
- Experience facilitating preferred;
- Skilled at culturally proficient practices preferred.
This position requires a minimum of a two-year commitment to facilitating this course at least 3-4 times per year. Facilitators are paid $40/hour of facilitation and preparation time (up to four hours of preparation time for each time the course is offered).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the application at this link: https://forms.gle/GtxcSnYSgkXRHXWQ7
Applications are due May 6, 2022. Questions can be emailed to email@example.com.