March 7, 2021
SPFE 2020 Strike 1 Year Anniversary Actions:
- Get your red ready! We will be wearing red on March 10, 11, and 12 in recognition of the 1 year strike anniversary.
- On Friday, March 12 at 5p.m. there will be an online strike anniversary celebration. Chicago Teachers Union President, Jesse Sharkey will be speaking, members will be sharing memories from the strike (bring your favorite picture and story to share), and organizers who helped us on the picket line will be joining us! Watch your email for a link this week.
Elections: From the SPFE Elections Committee: SPFE Officer and Executive Board elections will be online this year. SPFE is working with Survey and Ballot Systems to ensure that all members have a safe and secure method to participate in elections. The will open Monday, February 15th at 8 AM and close on Thursday, March 18th at 5 PM.
Have you moved recently or do you need to update your personal email address? There is a link to do so at , or you can
Monthly Update Meetings: The next meeting is this Thursday, March 11 at 5:00 pm. Notice the time and date change. This is to accommodate our members, now back in person who have later end-times to their school day. These will continue to be update meetings related to in-person learning and the transition to other formats. They are different from our monthly membership meetings. You can join with this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87591449818. All members are welcome to attend.
: Check here for updates and information on returning to buildings. All for the full time reopening have been update.
Help us Report and Resolve Your Concerns: Let SPFE leadership and staff know about current in-person conditions or VLS issues . SPFE leadership will be sharing updates on problems that are reported with the School Board and District weekly. We are also reviewing these reports and following up if needed. You can read the 3/7/21 SPPS Board of education report .
New COVID Variants are in Minnesota: It is not clear yet how the new B.1.1.7 variant will impact our state, but it is here and numbers of the variant are rising. Because of this, following safety measures and continuing testing is still critical. We are also watching what is happening in St. Paul schools, be sure to report COVID cases using the and . SPPS is only sharing overall district numbers. Reporting information to SPFE will help us support members in schools where there are confirmed cases.
ESP Monthly Meeting this Thursday, March 11th at 6pm. You can access the agenda at .
The meeting will be held via Zoom.
Meeting ID: 313 367 6811
SPFE Climate Action Group- The SPFE Solar Town Hall is done, but now the real work begins. We need SPPS leadership to see the wide-ranging support amongst SPPS staff, SPFE members, SPPS STUDENTS and the Saint Paul community for solar power and a healthy, equitable future for SPPS students. PLEASE help us build that support by signing our petition and encouraging others in Saint Paul (or Saint Paul staff) to do the same. TOGETHER we will make a healthy future happen.
- School Board candidates that have chosen to seek an SPFE endorsement have completed and returned their questionnaires. Completed questionnaires will be available Monday, March 8 on the
- Saint Paul precinct caucuses will begin on Friday, March 12, and will continue through April 8. Caucuses will be held virtually, and anyone seeking to become a delegate participate must complete a form. You will be able to find a link to the form on our 2021 Elections page as soon as it becomes available.
- SPFE and Education Minnesota will be hosting Town Halls/Lobby Days on March 17 (Sen. Erin Murphy, Rep, Athena Hollins, Rep. Dave Pinto) and March 18 (Rep. Rena Moran). Registration links will be available on our 2021 Elections Page later this week.